Dodgy Hotpoint aquarius WMA40 washing machine,pls help.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am new to this so pls bear with me.

I have owned my machine from new and bought it about 8 yrs ago although it was only plumbed in for the 1st time about 4 1/2 yrs ago.

It has worked perfectly from 1st use until Wednesday when it stoped working.
The powder draw is filling up and emptying into the machine put after this nothing else happens. This is the issue regardless of the cycle I set.

All i end up with is about an inch of water in the bottom of the drum.

I am desperate to get this sorted because although it has only been 4 days I already have washing coming out of my ears.

Any suggestions greatly recieved.

Thanks
Jenny

Sponsored Links
When u put it on spin does the drum go round if no check motor brushes. Go to you tube it will tell you how to check/remove /replace them.

When i turn it on and go straight to a spin only cycle nothing at all hapens there isn't even any noise.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the advice rocks 1
I now have my drum spinning after altering the brushes but its not spinning fast enough. I know i need new brushes but i was wondering if the motor could be faulty, I have tried to spin it but it feels stiff is this normal or should it be a bit easier to spin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back