Does anybody know which grass seed I need to patch up?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have recently moved into a home and the previous owner had two dogs. Looking at the garden they loved to dig and have left bald patches around the lawn.

I wanted to understand which grass is currently laid (please below pictures) so I can purchase the correct seeds and repair the patched areas.

I see my neighbour has done something similar, however, their new grass it much thicker, darker green and grows at a different paste.

Many thanks
John.

IMG_6456.JPG
IMG_6457.JPG
IMG_6458.JPG

Sponsored Links
TBH even something like Evergreen 4-in-1 will help green up the lawn and add grass seed.

The other option would be to continuously overseed the lawn every March/April and September/October to gradually replace the old grass with new. I wouldn't bother going down the route of matching grass since lawns are generally grown with a mixture of different types of grass seed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back