does anyone know what this is?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm having trouble with the shower in our new house: the water is always too hot! Even when the temperature control knob is right down at the lowest temperature the water is really hot. I believe it's the mixer valve for a couple of reasons:
1. Hot and cold water work fine in the bath which is fed by the same pump;
2. It's easy to turn the temperature knob towards a higher temperature but really hard to turn it towards a lower temperature.
I'm attaching a picture of the taps and one of the logo on it: can anyone tell me what kind of valve this is? I'd like to replace it with the same one if possible so as not to change the pipework behind...
Help please?

Paolo.

Sponsored Links
Looks like a Trevi Shower... Possibly Grohe.

If the place was empty for a period of time, the cartridge could b seized. You could try removing it and leaving it to soak in vinegar. Otherwise you probably need a new cartridge.

Looks like a Trevi Shower... Possibly Grohe.
Ah, handy - looks just like the one I have in the flat and my local merchant couldn't identify the logo.

Post your pics on showerdoc.com and they will identify the shower for you and probably be able to supply any parts.
Top tip - I could do with a new part or two for mine.

Back to the OP. It looks like the one I have in the flat.
That too is quite tight to turn towards cold - I've just put it down to compressing a spring vs unloading a spring. A plastic bit behind the temperature knob has broken, so it can be turned further than it should - extra whole turns extra. Thus when the pointer suggests it should be 30-something˚, it's much much hotter - it works fine if you turn it back far enough.

Now I have an idea of the make, and an idea where to go for spares, I can look at fixing it. Never fancied trying to replace it with it being built in. Also been a bit uncomfortable having to warn new tenants not to turn it too far.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back