Vaillant EcoMax 800 boiler questions...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

In our rented flat we have a Vaillant EcoMax 800 boiler.

My question concerns the maximum temperature control knobs for the hot water and central heating...the knobs have both broken at the ends where they enter the fascia...they slot into the holes and turn (and both have the red inserts which seem to do little more than click and possibly hold the setting)...

I'm not sure turning the knobs has any effect on the temperatures though...is this because the knobs ends are broken off?

We have hot water, and we have had heating (although now I can't get it to turn on...), but the heating has always been really hot.

If anyone could provide information concerning this, I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
In a rented flat you should not be messing with your boiler.

Tell your Landlord that you expect it to be fixed within a reasonable period. When its actually still working, so not urgent, that might be 2-4 days.

If he is unable or unwilling to deal with it then advise him first that you will engage someone, must be gas registered, to fix it and deduct the cost from the rent.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back