Little problem with Valliant EcoMax 824/2e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a little problem with my boiler and wondering if someone here might be able to help.

The central heating knob broke on the boiler a few days back. It’s just a plastic knob, with a plastic pin which turns the internal switch.

Here is image of the knob below

http://www.boilersparesdirect.co.uk/parts-online/shopexd.asp?id=59175

I have now replaced the knob, and I have fitted it right (I’m 90% sure of that, so the position was fully to the left on the internal switch and knob was also fully zero.)

Now when I turn the knob, on the display the temperature only moves above 30 degree and the heating comes on at that point. And when I turn left, the digits go down as normal but again they do not go below 35 degrees. I can feel the internal switch rotating but it has no effect on the display.

So basically there is no effect of turning the knob between 0 – 35 degrees but the switch turns as normal.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
What did it do before it broke, or did it break because you were trying to turn it to a higher setting :confused:

It was the Mrs who broke it, she was just turning the heating off and the knob broke.

The heating is now working. Its more of a cosmetic issue. just there is no effect of the knob turning from 0-35 degrees.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back