Does foil behind radiators really work?

Sorry, I should have said foil only works with a gap that infra red can travel freely through. So that would be air, most kinds of gas or a vacuum, or even glass (otherwise how would a greenhouse get warm)

Sponsored Links
I think a uni lecturer would wonder if he was in the right job reading some of the statements above.

Even a £16 IR thermometer would help to demonstrate just what IR can do.

Get to ionising radiation and the misunderstandings get far worse!

You're really getting confused with radiation and conduction

Not quite confused, but hadn't had my coffee when I wrote it, so didn't put it across in the best manner I was continuing from the Kingspan article that I felt put it wrongly (IMO) in the first place.

I suspect we're saying the same thing, just finding different words to put the concept across, and I'm reluctant to go any further on this one, because it's starting to attract the trolls.

Interesting point on the remote control, and you're right. Just because we can't see IR rays, doesn't mean that the ally foil can't reflect them. Nice point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back