Does is it exist (Ironmongery)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently fitted a 2' 6" bi fold door in customers house, it was one of those kit jobbies, runner at the top with a pivot bracket at the bottom. All is well.

What is not well is customer is adamant that she wants a handle and latch as if it were a normal internal door, I don't mind putting one on but the latch will have no purpose. she wants the door to lock when it is shut.

The only thing I can find is a claw bolt lock which has a axle allowance of the size of a thumb turn on a privacy bathroom lock. Ideally a claw latch would be more suitable operated by a lever handle to match rest of doors in rest of house. I have looked on Ironmongery direct and have googled it, but found nowt.

Does a claw latch exist does anyone know?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Tell her you will fit whatever latch she can find, recessed handles are normally used as anything proud will foul the door opening.

539086.jpg

We have one of this on a sliding door in our house, modified with a notch on the underside so it can't be "slid" open. And yes, it's gash!! As soon as the room is decorated, the sliding doors are going.

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
Tell her you will fit whatever latch she can find, recessed handles are normally used as anything proud will foul the door opening.
That's pretty well what I used to do with people who wanted special fittings. You can spend hours trawling web sites, and (in the old days) phoning and getting catalogues sent out.

Anyhow Hafele have something that might work, it's for a sliding door, and as foxhole says normal handles will foul inside.
http://www.hafele.co.uk/shop/p/mortice-bathroom-sliding-door-lock-57-mm-backset/30984/1648
Looking further they have these handles:
http://www.hafele.co.uk/shop/p/flush-ring-pull-handle-to-operate-75-x-75-mm/17012/3681

Splendifferous Dave54 unfortunately the door is 35mm wide and that lot equals 38mm :rolleyes:

But thank you all the same :D

I did wonder. . .
Such is life! :)
Good luck with the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back