Does Joey Barton have the solution?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've all seen the countless threads on religion in GD lately and, although I have no real interest or religious persuasion either way, I read this article this morning and wondered whether Joey Barton has the basis for a solution?

I know that there would be various issues but could it work if thought through carefully and implemented?

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/gener...inister-i-would-privatise-religion/ar-BBhNlal

Just wondering....

mrH :)

Sponsored Links
" People will continue to be free to indulge in religion in their own time and with their own money."

Nothing new. That's how it works here in Ireland.
Of course congregations here have not dwindled as they have in England.
Sunday is always the Lords day here in the emerald isle. Houses of worship are self sufficient.

As Christanity wanes Islam fills the void.

Look on the bright side..when they knock down the Christian churches they can build a mosque or a big ugly block of flats to accomadate another few thousand roma gypo's. Or a new retail outlet so you can go sunday shopping to fill your gaffe full of cheap chinese tat.
And all funded by the taxpayer. And the lefty brigade hailing it as another victory for diversity and pluralism.
I don't think joey has thought this through. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
" People will continue to be free to indulge in religion in their own time and with their own money."

Nothing new. That's how it works here in Ireland.
Of course congregations here have not dwindled as they have in England.
Sunday is always the Lords day here in the emerald isle. Houses of worship are self sufficient.

As Christanity wanes Islam fills the void.

Look on the bright side..when they knock down the Christian churches they can build a mosque or a big ugly block of flats to accomadate another few thousand roma gypo's. Or a new retail outlet so you can go sunday shopping to fill your gaffe full of cheap chinese tat.
And all funded by the taxpayer. And the lefty brigade hailing it as another victory for diversity and pluralism.
I don't think joey has thought this through. :mrgreen:

Are religious schools state funded?

The CofE school I taught at was funded by the state, but with a financial contribution from the Church.

It was also overseen by the local education authority, which provided (compulsory) in-service education for teachers which were the most ineffective and boring courses I ever attended. I've posted elsewhere about the English 'expert' whose PowerPoint presentation included words such as 'practicing'.)

The CofE school I taught at was funded by the state, but with a financial contribution from the Church.

It was also overseen by the local education authority, which provided (compulsory) in-service education for teachers which were the most ineffective and boring courses I ever attended. I've posted elsewhere about the English 'expert' whose PowerPoint presentation included words such as 'practicing'.)

JBR,

Thanks. I don't see why state should fund a 'religious education' ,but I can understand education about religion being part of the curriculum.

I was more thinking about in NI, though , when Norcon says houses of worship are self sufficient.

Especially when it appears that the state funds divisiveness.

JBR,

Thanks. I don't see why state should fund a 'religious education' ,but I can understand education about religion being part of the curriculum.

I was more thinking about in NI, though , when Norcon says houses of worship are self sufficient.

Especially when it appears that the state funds divisiveness.
Last I heard, it is compulsory to include a Christian act of worship in all schools, whether supported by the Church or not.

Except, of course, if it is an ROP school. They're exempt.

Sponsored Links
Back