Does this estimate sound reasonable?

Just to add to the debate, he is gassafe registered, and I put VAT included to help with gauging price. He isn't VAT registered, but clearly the materials have the joy of VAT!

Sponsored Links
How did you all manage to change NigeF's wording about gassafe registered, even on my post? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :cry: :oops:

Sponsored Links
this post and this forum is really starting to take take the ****.sorry OP not your fault.your only asking a question. yet there seems a debate on what should be charged.without at least a look on what is involved.and then people say they can do a better price.god help the guy who actually turned up in his own time,used his own fuel to do so.and other expenses.only to find out.the OP didnt like his quote cos an internet forum said it might be cheaper by someone else.

I certainly didn't think it would create this much debate!

I work with computers, so I know how much a repair should cost, how much a simple website would be and what an online marketing campaign should look like.

I haven't however had much experience of paying for plumbing work, so I wanted to get a little guidance on whether this price sounded right.

The plumber was recommended to me by my builder, who is brilliant, so I trust his judgement, and thank you for your guidance!

I work with computers, so I know how much a repair should cost, how much a simple website would be and what an online marketing campaign should look like.

I was shown a small group of friends who included a computer fixer who would come out and fix for £30 for the first 1/2 hour.

However, my hearsay evidence is that those are not real "fixers". Their approach to software problems is to reformat the hard drive and reload Windows ® and then leave it all working ( but having lost all the user's data and downloaded programs! )

Tony

Looks far too cheap, even with a one-man-band overheads & limited skill/knowledge, he's not making any money at these prices!!

Which is not the concern of the OP, he only wants a good job done. But if he's too cheap, he must have little knowledge of the trade or business, so I guess he'll not be around very long.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back