Does this Peugeot 206 sound like a good first car?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m currently looking for a first car that is automatic, relatively cheap to insure and most of all reliable.

On AutoTrader I’ve found an 2004 Peugeot 2006 for roughly £1.8k with 60k miles and 5+ owners.

I’ve checked the MOT history and there were quite a few fails across the years but I suppose that’s expected for it’s age.

It passed its most recent MOT a couple months ago with four advisories. These are: 1) front brake disk corrosion (not seriously, though), 2) one rear tyre slightly perishing, 3) corrosion on rear coil spring, and 4) corrosion on the underbody

Are these easily fixed if they become a serious problem? And not too expensive?

Sponsored Links
On AutoTrader I’ve found an 2004 Peugeot 2006.
What's that?
It passed its most recent MOT a couple months ago with four advisories. These are: 1) front brake disk corrosion (not seriously, though), 2) one rear tyre slightly perishing, 3) corrosion on rear coil spring, and 4) corrosion on the underbody

Are these easily fixed if they become a serious problem? And not too expensive?
Seen much worse. Not much of a biggie there.
You can get a much better car for £1,800...

Sponsored Links
The MOT advisories are easily dealt with, but you do need to determine the under body corrosion.
The biggest alarm bell for me is the automatic transmission......I’ve always found French autos to be problematic and therefore would avoid them.
John

The MOT advisories are easily dealt with, but you do need to determine the under body corrosion.
The biggest alarm bell for me is the automatic transmission......I’ve always found French autos to be problematic and therefore would avoid them.
John
Problem (for me anyway) is that most of today's autos are not traditional in their working, many being just complicated computer controlled manuals.
To me unless it has a torque convertor it ain't an auto, I've had most of them in various cars .. BW/GM/ZF/Ford/Jatco.
I may be looking for a cheap small early 'nineties runabout soon; any around today still using TC driven autos ?

Back