does this product fix leaks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a leak in my cooling system in my toyota corolla94. someone told me about a product called insta seal which seals leaks using micro copper particles that get drawn to the leak via the pressure and sealing it.supposedly for the engines life. said to be about 8 quid, cheaper than a garage bill but does it work.and are there any similar products out there., cheers

Sponsored Links
It depends where the leak is, really.....if its in a core plug or radiator matrix it could work for a while, but if the leak is in the water pump gland for example then you've no chance. If the product sounds to good to be true, then it probably is!

It depends where the leak is, really.....if its in a core plug or radiator matrix it could work for a while, but if the leak is in the water pump gland for example then you've no chance. If the product sounds to good to be true, then it probably is!
i guessed that would be the answer so i would imagine the repair is more than the car is worth if as i suspect the leak is in the water pump, not something i could do myself having to take off timing belt and all. thanks for your comment

Is it designed for rubber hoses or metal or both. I would just get a quote for the repair and then decide

Sponsored Links
I found most fixes generally dont work
But the corolla the water pump is not cam belt driven will need to remove aux belt
pump about £20

Back