Does this roof look ok?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I had this outbuilding made recently. It is double pitched with a tiled roof.

When I look at the slope from the side I notice that as the tiles come close to the eaves the slope angle decreases. Will this cause a problem? Thanks for your help

2012-05-02085047.jpg

Sponsored Links
A shed with a bed? There's going to be a crackdown shortly so I hope you need a garden gym.

A shed with a bed? There's going to be a crackdown shortly so I hope you need a garden gym.

You might sleep in a shed mate, but not me or anybody I know.

You made a similar comment when I was asking questions about the foundations for this outbuilding.

Not quite sure what you are prattling on about to be honest :?:

That's good then because London is turning into a shanty town. I'm surprised that you don't know that. :confused:

Sponsored Links
That's good then because London is turning into a shanty town. I'm surprised that you don't know that. :confused:

Depends where you live in London I suppose. No signs of shanty towns where I live I can assure you. Perhaps where you live is a shanty town? If so I would recommend you move somewhere nicer if you can afford it. If you can't afford it then you should have tried harder at school.

And perhaps you should stop reading The Sun/Daily Mail :idea:

Perhaps you should start reading it.

Anyway I'm glad you aren't wasting money because if you were then it would be a complete waste of time wouldn't it?
Then again it's curious that you do now know about sheds with beds when a few minutes ago you didn't.
Fancy that eh? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anyway I'm glad you aren't wasting money because if you were then it would be a complete waste of time wouldn't it?
Then again it's curious that you do now know about sheds with beds when a few minutes ago you didn't.

Are you on drugs?

I just don't get the relevance of what you are saying to my roof. What has any of this got to do with my roof?

What are you saying? That I'm some sort of human trafficker??

And what money are you talking about me not wasting??

Seriously mate, you sound a little unhinged. Preoccupied with Daily Mail headlines whilst you trawl the internet making ridiculous comments.

Please don't clog up this thread with your nonsense. It's going to put people off from actually answering my questions. Which is after all the point of this forum

The roof detail is fine. The only thing I would say is to point up the "triangle " shaped gap to prevent insects getting in and nesting.

Thanks LL and CB.

Is the triangle shaped gap best pointed or having some sort of grill/mest on it?

Thanks again

I have a roof detail like that on my bungalow - done c.1982. Have just had to renew the bottom 3 feet of roofing underlay felt - replaced with eaves felt - because there had been a bit of water ingress on the shallow pitched bit and the felt was the old fashioned hessian backed slaters felt , which perished - So although I wouldn`t want that detail like yours , with modern membrane /felt you`ll still get a good 30 years + out of it ;)

Are you on drugs?

I just don't get the relevance of what you are saying to my roof. What has any of this got to do with my roof?

What are you saying? That I'm some sort of human trafficker??

And what money are you talking about me not wasting??

Seriously mate, you sound a little unhinged. Preoccupied with Daily Mail headlines whilst you trawl the internet making ridiculous comments.

Please don't clog up this thread with your nonsense. It's going to put people off from actually answering my questions. Which is after all the point of this forum

I think we all know your game. ;)

I have always assumed the change of slope is in order to slow the flow of water so it doesn't rush off the roof, missing the gutter in the process. Many roofs have that detail, at least where we are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back