Doh! wrong cable size :/

Sponsored Links
how much worse could the job I make out of it be than the mess they left ?
You wait till you find out how hard it is to bend that stuff neatly. :)

Sponsored Links
how much worse could the job I make out of it be than the mess they left ?
You wait till you find out how hard it is to bend that stuff neatly. :)

Fair comment BS. I have bought and fitted some trunking that you may just be able to make out on the pic. Hopefully that will hide any dodgy routing. I have deliberately oversized the trunking hoping that it would give me more 'wiggle room' ;)

Also i notice that you seem to have removed the cover from the output terminals of the isolator without turning it off first. In general this is not reccomeneded. Especially if you haven't opened the enclosure before or you know the wiring in there is badly done.

Not quite right there. I did indeed turn the power off and then removed the cover. I then touched the neutral tail and it promptly fell out :eek: I re secured it properly, and the cover will go back on when I have replaced the tails. Obviously I won't do this without turning of the power yet again.
You really shouldn't expose touchable live mains if you can possibly help it and you certainly shouldn't be leaving it exposed. All it takes is one slip to give someone an electric shock and shocks of the mains can be fatal.

BTW why was the meter board moved? did you reqest it to be removed? was thier some kind of fault they had to fix?

You really shouldn't expose touchable live mains if you can possibly help it and you certainly shouldn't be leaving it exposed. All it takes is one slip to give someone an electric shock and shocks of the mains can be fatal.

totally understand your concern Plug. You can't tell from the pic but the isolator is 7ft up the wall , so not in danger of being touched. The first time I will be in that zone will be to kill the power.

BTW why was the meter board moved? did you reqest it to be removed? was thier some kind of fault they had to fix?

Basically the incoming power cable was a cloth braided jobbie that was loosely, and by loosely I mean adrift, from the outside wall. I requested a replacement as I was having the outside wall painted, which is how I ended up with a different incoming cable and moved meter board. The board was also on an internal wall that was being removed, so they shifted it onto that wall without thinking about tail length.

My fault really, I left them to it while I was at work :cry:

Is that 25X16 trunking,I do not think you will get two 25 and one 16 in that.

40X25 will give you plenty

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back