Dolphin Installer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.
I am going on an induction day next week with dolphin as an installer.
They are sending me a pack out to tell me what the score is.
Can anybody give me any info on what i can expect on this day, and listen fellas, no matter how trivial you think your info is please pass it on anyway, as i really havent a clue what to expect...
CHEERS ALL

Sponsored Links
I had a plumber friend and his mate who went for the interview and found themselves a bit out of their depth as they were expecting them to be competent in all assosiated trades such as tiling, electrics and plastering.

Ok, OK , OKAY, I'll be the one who says it:

they were expecting them to be competent in all assosiated trades such as tiling, electrics and plastering.

WHY, WHEN THE REST OF THEIR GUYS AREN'T :?:

Sponsored Links
Congratulations you`ll soon be meeting Matt Allwright :LOL: :LOL:

Hi

About 15 years ago I used to be a Tech surveyor for Dolphin :oops: The training centre used to be at Walsall, don't know if it still is.

I should think the recruitment process hasn't changed much. They have self employed electrician's who look after the electric side so don't worry about that. They like you to be competant on tiling (wall and floor), plastering, carpet-fitting(i don't think there is much call for a carpet in a bathroom now) plumbing and basic carpentry. The main test is obviously the plumbing side but I know for the tiling side you had to tile a dummy wall complete with a window. They used to show 'How to' video's before hand :eek:

From what I remember you used to get 4 days to complete the average bathroom.

Regards James

Cheers for that jiminblack, it was pretty much what i expected it to be like, its actually in leeds this thing next week.
NigeF, who may i dare ask is matt Allwight???

Just read that, anyway i got nothin to lose, just hope there is some sort of training programme

A couple of years back whilst I was on my Plumbing course (Not Very Qualified Level 2) the department at the college were contacted by Dolphin regarding employment opportunities. The claim was that by fitting Dolphin bathrooms it would be possible to make around £1,400 a week. I am unaware as to whether any of the students pursued anything with Dolphin but our main tutor was pretty damning in his criticism of them. Reckoned it would be working seven days a week and one would be paid on the volume of work rather than quality. Also it would be push-fit and plastic pipe as the modus operandi. I was not aware of any tiling skills being specified in the ad but presumably they have to provide this ‘service’ as well.

Have heard through the grapevine of lots of some complaints. Have also heard that they are the largest bathroom installer in the country. Would be interested to hear of your experiences subsequently.

Thanks benny, job is actually salaried with set hours, but im goin up there on thursday, so i will post back what the score was, cheers everyone else also

Good luck Ben.

For what it's worth I spent two years with them and quite enjoyed it!

James

Which...The Consumers mag has an article on them :LOL: ...I went to Rhino Dodd :LOL: once just out of interest...salaried..Pay was 10% of what I had to charge :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Benny, shouldn`t you call yourself "the float valve"...or do you mean quater turn?....Nothing to loose? Am I right in thinking you`re not long out of college?...Then you`ve your whole future as a Plumber to loose :LOL: :LOL: and sleep@ night

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back