Done it yet again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Caught my arm, on a sharp door catch, on an internal door, and tore a big lump of skin off. The sharp, pointy brass sneck, sticking out of the edge of the door. I've done it several times now, on different doors. I'm surprised they are so pointy, is it usual to do what I have in mind - go round all of them with a file, and knock the point off?

Sponsored Links
Never caught myself on a door catch, caught my sleeve occasionally on a door handle. Stabbed myself with a pencil the other day, I knew when I popped it in my jeans front pocket, I probably ought not to be doing it but knew it would only be momentarily, nevertheless within the minute I'd stabbed myself. Muppet.

Stabbed myself with a pencil the other day, I knew when I popped it in my jeans front pocket,

I did that at school, once. I'd put a very sharp pencil, in my blazer top pocket, reached up then my hand came down on the point. It went straight into palm, where the thumb muscle is and quite deep.

Never caught myself on a door catch, caught my sleeve occasionally on a door handle. Stabbed myself with a pencil the other day, I knew when I popped it in my jeans front pocket, I probably ought not to be doing it but knew it would only be momentarily, nevertheless within the minute I'd stabbed myself. Muppet.
I like to put them in my back pocket, both at lunch time and at the end of the day my one pencil becomes two, when I sit in the van...always a silver lining....

Sponsored Links
Caught my arm, on a sharp door catch, on an internal door, and tore a big lump of skin off. The sharp, pointy brass sneck, sticking out of the edge of the door. I've done it several times now, on different doors. I'm surprised they are so pointy, is it usual to do what I have in mind - go round all of them with a file, and knock the point off?
I think you will find the fact that they latch easier when you do that an unexpected extra benefit.

The ear thing doesn't work if you wear glasses. On a positive note I (or my youngest) found my tape measure with it's built in pencil sharpener the other day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back