Done something to the keyboard

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I think I had a finger on one of the keys (might have been CTRL or ALT or something) and I got a message up saying something like "if you press and hold the (something) key for 8 seconds you turn (something) on.

I clicked Cancel but now if I move the cursor, it highlights everything to the left of where I am

Who knows what I've done and how to undo it?

Sponsored Links
Hi John,

It's so easy to accidentally activate the StickyKeys it's best to disable them if you don't need them.

To do this, click on [Start] then [Control Panel] ...at the top of the list you'll see "Accessibility Options" ...double click here and you should have a new window pop up with the Keyboard tab displayed, from here you can disable those settings which really should be disabled by default (IMO).

It's not enough just to remove the ticks from the boxes next to StickyKeys and ToggleKeys (the two troublesome settings) ...you'll also need to click on [Settings] and remove the ticks from all of the boxes there too.

Once done, you can sit back and type without the threat of permanent caps-lock dodgy highlighting options blighting your day!

Mike

Sponsored Links
Back