Don't you just hate it

Reaction score
Country
Barbados
OK I've been in the game long enough to know **** happens from time to time but when it's for your own house and you've waited for 3 weeks and had 3 failed deliveries you just want things to go smooth for once........but no!

20171124_153011.jpg

20171124_153055.jpg

Sponsored Links
Seems the norm many suppliers do not package well they must know how things are tossed around or are buried under loads of other stuff on delivery vans, but a bit of film and some bubble wrap is all they get.
The ones that really pi££ me off are the ones that package up damaged goods which arrive with undamaged outer packing and it's not till you peal off the sticky film you find the stuff was damaged at the factory or shop before they sent it out, but well that's just hard luck because by the time you have cut it and pealed off the film it's your problem!

Had a gutsfull of suppliers this year!!
They're all at it

And if you don't spot it they say you must of done it, it was fine when it left our building, luckily I've got a keen eye for detail so if I ever see a cut through the protective tape I always peel it back to see if it' gone through to the foil just like I did at the top of this door, its gone back anyway, they'll just have to make a new outer frame for it

Sponsored Links
Thankfully all our comp doors come wrapped in cardboard and cellophane, on the companies own transport. Very rarely do we have any issues at all .... A Profile 22 manufacterer of pvc windows and doors that we used to use however , nearly every delivery of frames had damage .. except white ones!

Quick touch it up before the customer sees it o_O
Did you send it back? Or as you can repair it yourself maybe offer them 20% less to keep it as it is

It was repairable and well within my skill set but why should I repair my own door that's just set me back nearly a grand, it's brand new and I want it right

EDIT- Sorry that came over like I was having a go which I honestly wasn't, it's just that after paying near on a grand why should you be having to repair a door, in fact regardless of how much it was you shouldn't be having to already touch it up fresh off the van

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back