donut - which way up?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the pocess of refitting cistern to pan, and had a number of leaks from the connection. Have bought a new donut to replace previous foam O-ring. Which side do I fit the donut to, flat side to cistern or curved?

thx :?:

Sponsored Links
iddon said:
In the pocess of refitting cistern to pan, and had a number of leaks from the connection. Have bought a new donut to replace previous foam O-ring. Which side do I fit the donut to, flat side to cistern or curved?

thx :?:
Flat to cistern ,remember don't horse up the wingnuts

Sponsored Links
thanks Pete the leak, I've had this thing to pieces so many times in the last 24 hours I think I know what it's like to make Frankenstein! I bought some Plumbers Mait from good old b & q with the view of finally making the thing watertight, however, I don't understand what you say about horse up the wing nuts. Do you mean overtightening?
Cheers

I think he does, I didn't understand that either!

Bl***y thing is still leaking a tiny amount of water, I'm going to strip the whole cistern down this evening, probably didn't use enough Plumbers mait between pan and cistern. Watch this space! :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back