Door Closes but Hotpoint WM54 wont always work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello

I've got a Hotpoint 1000 washer WM54

Just lately, if I don't close the door in a certain way the switch above the main dial dont light up and so the machine doesn't start. sometimes I close it, the light comes on and it works, other times it doesn't. I keep opening and shutting it, trying to figure out if I need to press the door closed in a firmer way or a less firm way. But I can't figure out which is the right way.

Once it works again, it'll work fine for a few times, then the same problem comes back.

anyone help?

Sponsored Links
First signs of a new door interlock switch required, this is the part the door latch mates with when the door is closed. It is also worth checking to see if the latch hits the lock centrally when the door is closed. After a period of time the door may slightly drop and cause the latch to hit the interlock opening a bit too low. If this is the case a very gentle bit of persuation to lift the door upwards may solve the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back