hotpoint wm54 washer help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there , I seem to be having a problem with a hotpoint wm54 washer and hope someone can help or point me in the right direction for repair.

Ok it will start ok when doing a wash but when the water fills up it will trip the breaker and it will keep doing this until i drain some water out, then it will start the wash and everything seems ok until the next time it puts water in , just as soon as the water stops going in the machine will start to move and suddenly just trip again.

Any help on this would be great.

John

Sponsored Links
you have a poss moter or heater prob have you got a meter :?: .you can remove lid and remove moter plug and try mc again if it dont trip moters had it if it still trips heater gone .if heater had it beware the drum surport may have cut though heater :cool:

you have a poss moter or heater prob have you got a meter :?: .you can remove lid and remove moter plug and try mc again if it dont trip moters had it if it still trips heater gone .if heater had it beware the drum surport may have cut though heater :cool:

Thankyou for your reply

Hi , ok i tryed it again with the cable out ot the motor and it still tripped the breaker , my question now is where is the heater and how do i get to it , can i disable the heater so it wont try heat to see if it will go through a wash then .

John

the heater is down the botom at 6 oclock the console panel and front panel needs to come of to access it , next bit on the top of the mc with the lid off is a pressue switch a round bit of plastic with a tube on dissconnect the purple /black wire just the one YOU MUST TAPE THE WIRE UP AT THE END then turn mc on . if ok after that heaters had it

Sponsored Links
Thankyou for your help on this rocks1

Ok the pressure switch round bit of plastic with a clear tube on it has 5 wires on it , there are 3 white wires ,1 red and green and 1 purple and green , i disconnected the purple/green wire and tryed the machine again and it seems to be going through the wash cycle now , I take it that means the the heater element is gone and i would need to source a new 1 ? .

John

oh yes new heater req , was it noisy when its on spin :?:

just done a quick search on ebay heaters a tenner inc del ,you also must take the bracket of the heater and put on new one .when you get heater out you will see what i mean :LOL:

it means drum surport or bearings cut though heater , you need new bearings or drum surport as well :eek:

BIG THANKS TO ROCKS1

Hi just to let you know what happened to the machine , I stripped it down taken everything out and the problems were , drum rubbing against heater element and wore out two grooves thats why the machine was tripping the breaker , Also the drum support spider and bearings had seen better days the inside bearing was completely shattered and had lost all its ballbearings , i found some in the machine and they were flat on one side , also the drum support looked like it had been hit with a hammer a couple of hundred times .

Anyways got the parts from ebay , HOTPOINT/CREDA DRUM SUPPORT spider & BEARINGS KIT parts and also HOTPOINT/CREDA WASHINE MACHINE HEATER ELEMENT , including delivery it came to £40 , machine is up and running again now and its so quiet .

Once again thanks to rocks1 for all his help.

John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back