Door Entry System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, have recently attempted to install a GET door entry system (entry call-point/camera comes complete with key-pad) have discovered that the key-pad is not functional in the kit I have & GET don't seem too responsive when asked what it is meant to do. I was hoping that I would be able to use it for key-less entry but am stumped at the moment (Interface board it connects to has 'Global Tech' on it), anybody any fixes?

(New at this forum lark, have also posted this on the 'Electrics UK' forum so apologies in advance if this is the wrong thing to do)

Sponsored Links
When you say keyless entry, is this just for daily use?
Usually these devices are classed as grade one and as such, if external doors, should still have a suitable lock for securing the door.

May we know where you bought this kit from? and which version?
It is not a common brand.

The product is boxed prod code GCCTV2ACDVRC by GET part of the Schneider group, website is www.getplc.com, although this product is not currently listed.

The door is an external with its own mechanical lock but want to be able for those with the code to use the keypad to gain entry.

The circuit board has Global Tech DVR 60819AU MAN V1.1 0726 on it which means nothing to me. Have spoken to the help-desk at GET and they tell me that the key-less entry was never marketed however the internal circuit board and available connections appear to suggest that a second release mechanism via the control box is possible?

The external key pad/camera has 9 wires coming from it connected to a mini-din plug.

The unit has an output for a 12 volt door release operated from the internal view unit (although any release lock is purchased separately).

Hopefully this makes sense & is of use

Means little to none.
It is not a mainstream, common product or brand, certainly within trade.
If it is not fit for purpose, why not return it and acquire a more suitable unit?

Note the point about security with this type of product. They serve a purpose but are not totally secure.

Sponsored Links
Hi Phil,
Did you ever get to the bottom of your problem?? I have the same problem and would like to use the keypad on the door camera external unit to open a solenoid door opener.
Help!
Thanks, James

I'm told the system was something that never got sold mainstream, so the manufacturer never developed all of the options. Seems a shame but you gets what you pay for!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back