Door entry universal replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I'm looking to replace an old door handset with a new universal ones but the connections are numbered different. I will attach pictures of the old one wired in and a picture of the new ones connections and hopefully someone can help.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 441
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 545
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,031
Sponsored Links
Same as the other post ....nearly
Best way to find out wires on a 4+ 1 sytem
One will go to lock release button
One will go to one side of buzzer
One will go to handset speaker
One will go to handset microphone
Leaving the common negative

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick reply.
I have
S, 2, 3, 4, P1, C1, P2, P2 so what colours would go where sorry But I'm a novice

if you check the picture of the new handset the only colours of cable I have to use are the ones showing there.
Blue/White
White/Blue
Green/White
White/Green
Orange/White
White/Orange

Just noticed there's no number 1 either.
Just goes S,2,3,4,P1,C1,P2,C2
So will the CALL be the S?

Looking at the block the
White is White/Green
Green is Green/White
Black/Red is White/Blue

The tricky one is the blue which is joined to the white blue which you have said would be numbers 2 and 4.
So if Blue is Blue/White, I'm stuck with the common which you have said use blue white, I'm left white the orange pair spare so do I use one of them as the common?

Thanks for the help with this here it's appreciated

Last edited:
Problem is ... I can't see where the yellow core goes to as the handset picture is cut short also I don't know what model comelit handset you have , but if you look at the chart S is in the same column as 1

It's the comelit 2602.
Going with what you explained I have it wired that way. All seems to work apart from the buzzer part if someone buzzes me I can't here it ring but can hear them speak and I can talk back

Ok is it a 2602u for universal ? If not it may not work as it may not have a buzzer , the universal handsets have a switch / link for buzzer or electronic call

Yeah it's the 2602u so because it's all working apart from the buzzer you think it's not a buzzer model so will need a new handset. Can you recommend a handset I can get with a wee wire guide like you done with what colours go where

I don't think it is a universal version !
Look on intercoms r us
Handset finder, better to buy the Terraneo replacement handset

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back