Door liner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am I missing something, Dry lining a brick wall with door way so the block work is 100mm, 2 battens for each side is 50mm (25mm each side) and plasterboard is 25mm (12.5 ) each side so this totals 175mm with skim will be about 180mm. I am struggling to find a door liner of this size. Am I missing something I would have thought this would be a standard size?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
No batten would be needed, dot and dab plasterboard which looses over 40mm of your width so a 138mm lining fits.

Buy two cheap liners and trip them so the overall width is correct, then use a wider slam strip to cover the join.

I have done this in exactly the scenario you describe and it worked really well.

Sponsored Links
I personally would get 150mm frame set as it allows more leeway with the dot and dab and out of plumb walls.

My doors need to be FD30 rated does that mean I need to get a FD30 frame too. This makes it even harder to find a 150mm one.

anyone know where to get one.

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back