Door lining - 2'4 double doors and 2'7 single door.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give some advice/direction on door linings. I am fitting a double and single built in wardrobe and have bought two 2'4 (610) for the double doors and a 2'7 (686) for the single door. The standard door lining packs you can get from the commercial sheds seem only to cater for 2'3 and 2'6.
If i was to make my own lining from softwood are there any specific measurements i need to consider (width, depth of jambs and head).
If any one could help with advice i would appreciate it.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
we would normally buy a regular casing and then cannibalise other sets to form, say, an oversize head. in the case of double doors you would use a casing leg to form the head.

it isn't difficult to chisel/router out the timber in order to reduce a casing head. i usually set the plunge depth gauge on my saw and use multiple runs to remove the material.

our supplier has split packs, and always has spare casing legs handy.

Sponsored Links
You must be fixing this to some kind of studwork so forget about the pre-packed linings and form your own. It might cost a little more but will save you time messing around and you can get it to the perfect size. Some 5x1 or 6x1 PAR will do the job.

making your own linings is fine.

in my opinion casings are better as they turn out thicker, less prone to cupping and are more robust.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back