door lock frozen on driver's side

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a ford fiesta P reg, the driverside door lock is sticking so i'm unable to unlock it with the key from the outside. the only way to open the door is to pull the handle on the inside (which is permanently stuck in, showing that it is locked but can be pulled open and will spring straight back to 'locked' when let go) the lock was getting quite sticky but still operational (just) before it seized completely.
would there be any easy way of releasing the lock without having to pay rediculous money at a garage. I am willing to take the inside of the door off if that's what it takes.
thankyou
Beverley :)

Sponsored Links
Is it central locking? If so the solenoid mechanism may be faulty. It is possible to remove the solenoid mechanism altogether if you remove the door panel. You can then refit the lock.

If not central locking, or the central locking unit works ok, the locking mechanism itself could be faulty.

All items are always available on Ebay.

Put this in Ebay 'fiesta mk4/5 nsf door latch central lock motor' and it will show a locking mechanism that also has the central locking unit attached (nb the locking mechanism is the same part whether you have central locking or not).

If you find it is the solenoid unit make a note of how many pins yours has on the electrical connector, because they did a 4 pin and a 6 pin unit.

Sponsored Links
Back