Dormer roof idea on semi detached house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening everyone,

Please excuse my complete ignorance in asking what could be a silly question but would a dormer (like the crude drawing) be possible on a semi detached house? I've seen a few in my local area on bungalows but wondered if they can be done on a house or is it a big no no. I know it extends abovcurrent roof ridge height but Head space is very limited in our loft so just thinking of alternatives to lowering ceilings. Thanks

Attachments

• 20201113_154838.jpg
    20201113_154838.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 193
Sponsored Links
Even if you could get PP it would look pants...

The LPA would see and treat it as the raising of the ridge height. Would the dormer extend the whole width of the dwelling or recessed in at each side?

All LPA’s get a little twitchy about increase in ridge heights. It all depends on the location of the plot and its relationship to other neighbouring dwellings. No harm in seeking Pre-application advice in the first instance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back