dot and dab an awkward length wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm plasterboarding a couple of rooms with dot and dab but found a couple of odd sized areas: ie one is 1.3m and another is 2.5m - slightly bigger than the boards.

am i ok using a 10cm sliver of board on the end as long as its properly fixed or is there a better way, ie laying the board horizontally and fixing 2 pieces? one above the other.

Sponsored Links
You are okay putting slivers in, providing you get plenty enough adhesive behind it and it stays flat and even with wall.
If it's wall heights I try to hide a the joint behind skirting, so pack up the board.

Thanks, a 2400 board is perfect height, its just the dodgy width,
Boards will be skimmed and I can hide some joints in alcove's which will be behind fitted wardrobes

There is nothing dodgy about the width, it is just the way things are.
A good adhesive bonded board in those areas will be fine.

Sponsored Links
There should be no problem with it bonding but you'll get cracks in the joint if you skim, so position it well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back