Dot and dab aquapanel

Lift one of them Aquapanels up and you will realise why you need mechanical fixings! :LOL: Imagine one of them falling down onto your head fully laden with tiles!

You need a mechanical fixing to lift the bleeders

Sponsored Links
hey Richard, i wonder if the new dry fix foam adhesives will grab a tile backer/aqua panel board?

have you used the stuff yet?
No not tried it yet but have looked at the data sheet; it seems to be competing as a direct alternative to drywall adhesive on plaster/insulation boards. It doesn’t specifically mention use on backer boards or give any details regarding grip strength, not that I can find anyway; it would also work out rather more expensive!

Interestingly, I was already using the D&D/screw trick on backer boards in some instances & then became aware on here a couple of years ago that others were using the same trick :LOL: . As stated they are rather a heavy beast in their own right but once loaded with tiles :confused: If I had a spare wall, it could be useful to have an experiment with it but it’s something I would prefer not to risk on a job only to have it fall off, at least with screws you know it aint going anywhere! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back