Dot & Dab / Board Adhesive Alternative

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi (again)

What's a viable alternative to board adhesive as I can't seem to buy it over here (Cape Town).

Thanks in advance

Marcus

Sponsored Links
Have you ever used it?

I can't see it being as good, but would be handy if priced okay - less dust, no mixing . But I can't see it having the body to tap the board against with your edge. Another disadvantage is it's advantage - consistency of mix - you can't mix up a bit stiffer for a heavy wall or deep reveal

Sponsored Links
The way i see it with the foam is you have less control.

I like to apply some dab around the back boxes, i also like to thicken out where necessary, sometimes we may even double-dab, other times we may want to such things as point-up with dab etc.

None of these things sounds simple with foam. It may have its uses and applications, but it will never match the performance of DWA.

I asked in a bonafide drywall store, blank, shrug.................!
Researched the gyproc.za site and found rhinolite, it worked (for the time being)!

There is a spray foam adhesive nowadays for fixing plasterboard to brick/blocks.

www.building.dow.com/europe/uk/ins/adhesealant/instastikmp/

Whether you have it over there, who knows. Worth asking around though. There are other brands available too,,, this is just one that came up when i Googled " foam plasterboard adhesive".

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back