Double Glazing Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,Girls,

I had a new double glazed upvc patio door and bedroom window installed last year ( May). My apartment has never been so cold now. I am experiencing a cold stream of air in both my lounge amd bedroom.

I removed a plug and cold air is circulating just below the window behind the wall.

My older patio door and window were actually warmer.

Could the installer have forgotten to put any type of insulation around them. Also I can hear outside noises very clearly when the window and doors are closed.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like they haven't been fitted correctly. Is the sound and cold air coming from underneath the patio door/window by any chance?

What does the sealing around the window outside look like?

Hi roofline,

Yeh the cold air is coming in at the bottom of the patio doors, just where the right hand door slides into the left one.

I checked the seals outside but they seem fine.

Do you think I need would need to get them re-installed?

Sponsored Links
Your windows and doors should be sealed properly inside and out.

The new ones should definately be warmer so I think there is an issue somewhere, but don't think it will be as dramatic as getting them re-ffited.

Is the company who installed them still trading? If they are give them a call, it sounds like a genuine complaint and they should send someone out to check the sealant etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back