Double Marino Bath and Support

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

recently purchased a marino double bath.
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00K2WHWO8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00)

little confused as no instructions.

however there are:-
-two lengths of metal supports with bolted feet to attached to both (similar to http://www.reuter-shop.com/mepa-bath-legstype-wa-with-ads-for-acrylic-baths-a43.php)
-support brackets for application to wall.

My "assumption" is that i require a thick length of chipboard (baseboard?) to screw the two metals supports to.
The bath weight is then supported by the chipboard. Further support is not required as the bath weight is only supported downwards.

Is that assumption correct as i am not sure how i would support the bath frame further by "physically" attaching the bath to the supports.

Any help or advice appreciated.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
That Bath has a reinforced base so no need for extra chipboard but i would fix a timber along walls for extra support.

ok thanks.

and timber underneath to support? as the metals supports wont directly attached to bath (screws provided with metal supports so i assume into wood not acrylic)

Here.............This Marino Bath by Phoenix has dimensions of L1950 x W1350 x D480 and capacity of 460 litres. The large rectangular shape of the bath will add luxury and style to any bathroom. Complete with a 25 year guarantee, this Marino Bath also includes an adjustable steel leg set. This bath has a standard 5mm thickness, which is acrylic capped with a fibre glass outer coating complete with a reinforcing baseboard encapsulated in the base. This Marino Bath is suitable as a shower bath.

This bath comes as standard with an Amazonite finish, Amazonite is a reinforced layer applied to baths which enhances their thermal properties. This gives you a consistent bathing experience time and time again and ensures that your bath is is always the welcoming feature of the home that you need it to be.

This bath is also available with whirlpool options, please see our Whirlpool Baths section.

Sponsored Links
Yup, the feet brackets will probably screw directly into the base of the bath as it has an integrated board. Just measure the thickness of the base very carefully first, just to be sure, to ensure the screws will not break through the bottom.

ah i can see it now, the baseboard is literally built into the bath at bottom....as coloured white i had assumed it was acrylic front to back. doh.

ok thanks all for feedback

You could ask the supplier for the installation instructions.
  • Business Name: Trueshopping Limited.
  • Business Type: LTD
  • Trade Register Number: 3955231
  • VAT Number: GB732545539
  • Phone number: 08444176626
  • Business Address:
    • Unit 1 & 2 Dawson Court
    • Billington Road
    • Burnley
    • Lancashire
    • BB11 5UB
    • GB

Even if they don't have any, they should be able to tell you if the feet brackets screw directly into the base.

You would think for 600 quid they could print off a few instructions. Very poor IMO.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back