Total absorbed power 4,66 KW

TOP OVEN
Top element 700W
Grill element 2100W
Bottom element 1100W

BOTTOM OVEN
Grill element 2500W
Fan element 2500W
Could you please tell me what size cable from FCU to cooker switch and round cable from cooker switch to oven is required.Max distance from FCU to cooker switch is about 18 feet.Book also says 30amp power supply to oven.I believe 32amp in this case.

Sponsored Links
FCU???

You'd be best looking in the direction of 6mm², of course you'll have to do the relevant calculations to verify this, also note that its notifiable work

Wouldn't you know, it's Saleem, the dodgy, penny-pinching landlord up to his old tricks again.

You do realise the Housing Act (2004) comes into force in April? Do yourself a favour and for the safety of your tenants pay a professional to carry out this work.

Adam_151 said:
FCU???

You'd be best looking in the direction of 6mm², of course you'll have to do the relevant calculations to verify this, also note that its notifiable work

Thank you Adam 151 for honest reply to part of my question.Is 2.5mm round flex heat resistent cable suitable from cooker switch to oven itself.I have spare 32 amp mcb ,want to use it as radial.Is it ok.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
FFS Saleem, are you seriously asking if HOFR can be used for 5Kw oven. Adam told you the first time. Stop trying to save a penny or too and get the job done properly by a professional.

dingbat said:
Wouldn't you know, it's Saleem, the dodgy, penny-pinching landlord up to his old tricks again.

You do realise the Housing Act (2004) comes into force in April? Do yourself a favour and for the safety of your tenants pay a professional to carry out this work.

Look who is talking same old crap as dingbat .I am not dodgy penny pincher,neither i am a landlord. An old question on forum was about single oven.Even with your barking attitude that job was completed with council approval.Is this forum only for experts as you think.I am sure anybody can ask the forum questions whether they can do the job themself or get it done from somebody.I read forum regularly and most of the time you are rubishing pepoles questions.

Qedelec said:
FFS Saleem, are you seriously asking if HOFR can be used for 5Kw oven. Adam told you the first time. Stop trying to save a penny or too and get the job done properly by a professional.

What do you mean by HOFR.I intend to use 6mm cable from fcu to cooker switch.i have asked simple question,what size cable should be used from cooker switch to oven itself.Is 32amp mcb correct.Is it too difficult for you to answer.

A small suggestion Saleem, there is a well known search engine called Google and if you take the trouble to type in HOFR it will tell you the initials stand for. Ain't modern science wonderful.

saleem said:
What do you mean by HOFR.
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=55209#55209

I intend to use 6mm cable from fcu to cooker switch.

what size cable should be used from cooker switch to oven itself
6mm²

Is 32amp mcb correct.
Yes. In fact, 20A would do for that load. But good luck in finding either a 20A or 32A fuse to put in your FCU - I suggest you get rid of that, and go straight from the CU to the cooker switch.

Is it too difficult for you to answer.
No.

Is it too difficult for you to understand?

ban-all-sheds said:
saleem said:
What do you mean by HOFR.
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=55209#55209

I intend to use 6mm cable from fcu to cooker switch.

what size cable should be used from cooker switch to oven itself
6mm²

Is 32amp mcb correct.
Yes. In fact, 20A would do for that load. But good luck in finding either a 20A or 32A fuse to put in your FCU - I suggest you get rid of that, and go straight from the CU to the cooker switch.

Is it too difficult for you to answer.
No.

Is it too difficult for you to understand?

Sorry my mistake,I meant CU not FCU.Thanks for complete and honest answer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back