Double pole isolator for Gas boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a gas boiler connected via a 3a plug to an unswitched socket, which is fine as per manufacturer's instructions below. But as the electrics are bring upgraded I'm going to take the opportunity to use the 'preferred' electrical connection, a double pole isolator:

"Electricity supply

A 3amp fused three pin plug and unswitched shuttered socket outlet (both complying with BS 1362) or preferably a double pole isolator with a contact separation of 3mm in all poles supplying the appliance should be used.

The appliance electrical circuits are also protected by an internal 2amp fuse. The appliance must be earthed."

(http://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/installer/products/gas-boilers/greenstar-25si/supply-requirements)

Can anyone kindly point me to a page that has such a double pole isolator?

Also, am I right in saying this is not an FCU? Is there a fuse at all in a double pole isolator?

Appreciate the responses, this is all for helping me plan a kitchen refit.

Sponsored Links
Yes it's an FCU.

It'll come supplied fitted with a 13A fuse. You should remove it and replace it with a 3A flavoured one.

Sponsored Links
Yes it's an FCU.

It'll come supplied fitted with a 13A fuse. You should remove it and replace it with a 3A flavoured one.

They're raspberry.

The 13A ones are chocolate.

But whatever you do, don't taste the 1, 2, 5, 7 or 10A ones, they're foul because they've been burnt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back