double sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to you all could some one please tell me how close i can but two double sockets. And how far away a switch should be from a door frame
cheers

Sponsored Links
There are no limits on either of the distances you mention. There are, however, minimum and maximum vertical heights for accessories on new build houses.

well there's the physical limits on the sie of the faceplate in relation to the box sizes..

in general, link the backboxes with a galv coupler and you're good to go.. will leave a 10-15mm gap between the face plates but does allow for metal plate style fronts which tend to be a few mm larger than their white plastic counterparts..

how close to a doorframe depends on the sie of the arhitrave, but if it's already fitted then a clearance of 20mm from the backbox to the edge of the architrave will ensure that the switch fits on..

You can put them right next to each other. In fact there are adaptors that provide accurate spacing so they butt up.

BUT

This only works on plain plastic sockets etc. Many metal/decorative accessories are wider, and deeper.

Sponsored Links
Beauty is in the eye of etc...

Personally I don't like sockets as close together as possible - I think they look better with a bit of a gap between them. Joining galvanised boxes with conduit couplers is about right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back