Double Switch Circuit Best Practice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to rewire an existing lighting circuit and need some advise on best practice.

I currently have two lights looped through one switch in the bedroom: 1 light to the bathroom and the other to the room. It's a new build and the switch for the en-suite is on the outside e.g. bedroom side.

The first diagram shows the existing layout. I need to remove the switch for the bedroom light and wire the it into a double switch outside the en-suite instead.

Is there any harm with wiring it as in the 3rd diagram? The existing layout has all 4 live wires in C and is a little congested. By using a terminal block I can alleviate some of that.

Neutral/Earth omitted from diagram for clarity.

Sponsored Links
Personally I wouldn't use a terminal block. Why not move the shaver socket supply to the second (lower) common terminal. That way you have three lives in the upper common and two in the lower.

Thanks Dave, that's a good idea, think I might just do that.
images

_______
R.I.P. :(

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back