Double under oven and hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help with a problem which i cannot see a way out of.

I have units that are 720mm tall. The double under oven is 717mm. The back of the oven is 711mm - 6mm lower than the front of the oven. This seems to be pretty standard.

I have a granite worktop which is 30 mm thick.

All ceramic hobs are around 50-55mm thick.The one i am looking at 40mm sits below surface.

Now as i see it i have 6mm from the top of the oven to the bottom of the granite. Add the width of the granite gives me 36mm. I need 40mm as this is the depth of the oven. You are also supposed to have a 40mm air gap!

How is it possible to have a double oven with a hob above anyone got any ideas. What am i missing?

Sponsored Links
I think you are forgetting that the units do not sit on the floor.
Normally worktops are 900mm or so high. Being 30mm thick this gives you 870mm to play with for your hob and oven.

910mm normally. This does not help as the double oven needs to sit flush with the bottom of the units not the floor.

Unless it's a built-in oven which will sit at the same height as the rest of the units (ie above the feet). I think there was a thread on here the other day which came to the conclusion than you cannot have an induction hob above a double built-in oven. You say yours is ceramic and 55mm deep, I have never seen one that sits that deep below the surface of the worktop :confused:

Sponsored Links
Does 900 or so not cover 910?
Actually should be 914 - 3 feet.

It's academic because it's a built-in appliance and needs to fit in the 720mm available. You can have worktops any height you like, just adjust the feet or pack them up to suit your requirements.

OP: are you sure the ceramic hob sits 55mm below the surface of the worktop?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back