electric hob and double oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it acceptable to use a twin cooker outlet to run a ceramic electric hob, double oven and cooker hood.

The 45a switch will positioned next to the electric hob, the double oven is across the room in a tall oven housing, approx 3m away from the switch.

It's 6mm from the 45a switch to cooker outlet, 6mm again over to feed the double oven and 2.5mm feeding the cooker hood.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It depends

What is the rated consumption of the hob and the oven?
What is the value os the fuse/mcb protecting the circuit in question?

The spec of the oven is 0.79KW/H (5.7KW)

The spec of the hob is 6.3 KW.

The MCB is 32a

That is within the limits for the circuit. Assuming normal diversity rules.

I am concerned about your feed for the extractor fan, I would like to see that bit of 2.5mm going via an FCU on the way to the hood.
Use a dual appliance connector to connect up all your cables otherwise you will have 2x6mm + 1x2.5mm all in one junction.

Sponsored Links
Magic, thanks for that.

I could put the FCU in place of the unswitched socket at high level for the hood and hard wire.

You mean replace the socket for an FCU (ie not connected to the cooker circuit at all?)
My reading was that the hood is currently supplied by a 2.5mm² feed from the cooker circuit to an unswitched socket adjacent to the hood and that. following your suggestion, the OP, was asking whether he could simply replace that socket (still, presumably, connected to the cooker circuit) with an FCU.

Kind Regards, John

That's what I was meaning John.

Thanks

Why not split the supply side ofthe cooker circuit and fit an isolator switch for each, one for oven and one for hob both local to its own appliance

If conditions permit you can upgrade mcb to 40A if required

Can you not supply hood from ring final circuit

Pulling it off the cooker circuit is poor practice imho

Do you think it's good practice to use a dedicated circuit to supply general various other appliances
It's not really 'various other appliances' - the cooker hood is part of the 'cooking set up'. Do you similarly feel that it is bad practice to run a gas hob's igniter from a cooker circuit?

... and how do you feel about cooker control units (fed from a cooker circuit) which include a 13A socket (presumably to be used for 'various other appliances')?

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back