Dover...

If you consider that, and think about it really really carefully, you'd realise that's not actually possible, if you thought about it even harder, and I suspect that would far exceed your mental capacity, it might just dawn on you how beneficial a hard brexit would be, no trade deal, just the benefits of no restrictions whatsoever and a few tiny tariffs, and the EU being put into the position of sorting out their own NI border problem.

Fillyboy says Brexit gives the UK the “benefits of no restrictions whatsoever”

Hey Fillyboy can you explain why the Department for Trade and Industry told businesses to move to the EU to avoid the massive trade barriers?

“In an extraordinary twist to the Brexit saga, UK small businesses are being told by advisers working for the Department for International Trade (DIT) that the best way to circumvent border issues and VAT problems that have been piling up since 1 January is to register new firms within the EU single market, from where they can distribute their goods far more freely”

Hey Filly, here are some trade barriers you claim don’t exist:

”These barriers include customs checks, sanitary and phyto- sanitary restrictions on trade in animal and plant products, the need to prove regulatory compliance separately in the UK and the EU, restrictions on short-term business visits, and reduced market access for service providers including the end of passporting rights for financial services.”

Hey Filly, rules of origin means UK firms end up paying tariffs:

“In the first seven months of 2021, tariffs were paid on around 30% of UK exports to the EU that could have benefitted from preferential zero tariff entry under the TCA (Ayele, Larbalestier and Tamberi, 2021).”

by the way Filly, the damage to business is not the tariff but all the extra paperwork required.

Filly is a Brexit supporter who still hasn’t educated himself with the facts.

Hey Filly, you really should go and learn what non tariff barriers (NTBs) are and why they have massive implications for trade.

Sponsored Links
beneficial a hard brexit would be, no trade deal, just the benefits of no restrictions whatsoever

trade barriers are wrecking our music industry (as well as entertainment, exhibition sector, photography / video)

“One of the main issues is bands of all sizes now need a carnet - an international customs document - to be allowed to go between the UK and EU with all their equipment, costing a minimum of £600.”

”These barriers include customs checks, sanitary and phyto- sanitary restrictions on trade in animal and plant products, the need to prove regulatory compliance separately in the UK and the EU, restrictions on short-term business visits, and reduced market access for service providers including the end of passporting rights for financial services.”
He also forgets we are going to add our own checks. Put of due to cost increases. EU has them, we want them.

Notch claims Brexit is a failure due to empty shelves in his supermarket but is unable to provide photos. Convenient.
20220722_105935.jpg
20220722_105520.jpg

Gaps, low stock and empty shelves in a shop which was always well stocked in the past. Taken a week ago mid-week, about two or three hours after the daily chiller van drop (in case you didn't know supermarkets have a very limited time frame to get chilled and frozen goods into cold store or into shop chillers and fridges). Manager told me that the back of shop chiller rooms are running nearly empty all the time nowadays and that they move stock around all the time and even resort putting cans if beer, etc in non-associated chillers to make them look less empty. I've seen the same "techniques" used in Tesco, Asda, Morrisons and Sainsbury

Sponsored Links
View attachment 275762View attachment 275763
Loads of gaps and empty shelves in a shop which was always well stocked in the past. Taken a week ago mid-week, about two or three hours after the daily chiller van drop (in case you didn't know supermarkets have a very limited time frame to get chilled and frozen goods into cold store or into shop chillers and fridges). Manager told me that the back of shop chiller rooms are running nearly empty all the time nowadays and that they move stock around all the time and even resort putting cans if beer, etc in non-associated chillers to make them look less empty. I've seen the same "techniques" used in Tesco, Asda, Morrisons and Sainsbury
Hmm. Chilled food shortages in the middle of the heatwave. I must admit I have trouble getting BBQ coals and BBQ meats on a sunny weekend but are those shortages due to Brexit?

View attachment 275762View attachment 275763
Gaps, low stock and empty shelves in a shop which was always well stocked in the past. Taken a week ago mid-week, about two or three hours after the daily chiller van drop (in case you didn't know supermarkets have a very limited time frame to get chilled and frozen goods into cold store or into shop chillers and fridges). Manager told me that the back of shop chiller rooms are running nearly empty all the time nowadays and that they move stock around all the time and even resort putting cans if beer, etc in non-associated chillers to make them look less empty. I've seen the same "techniques" used in Tesco, Asda, Morrisons and Sainsbury

Aftermath of a shop lifting spree ? :idea:

Hmm. Chilled food shortages in the middle of the heatwave. I must admit I have trouble getting BBQ coals and BBQ meats on a sunny weekend but are those shortages due to Brexit?
I knew you'd say something like that - so a heatwave causes shortages in non-BBQ meat, or frozen veg, or cheese? This isn't just one week - it is ongoing and every week, week after week, with short dated or unavaiable salcad and veg, fresh meat, chilled ready meals, frozen foods, etc. You just choose to believe what you want to be the case. I bet you are so unobservant you haven't even noticed the stock shuffling which is constantly going on to disguise shortages

I knew you'd say something like that - so a heatwave causes shortages in non-BBQ meat, or frozen veg, or cheese? This isn't just one week - it is ongoing and every week, week after week, with short dated or unavaiable salcad and veg, fresh meat, chilled ready meals, frozen foods, etc. You just choose to believe what you want to be the case. I bet you are so unobservant you haven't even noticed the stock shuffling which is constantly going on to disguise shortages
And I knew, like Notch, you’d avoid confirming that those shortages were due to Brexit. Is that a main supermarket? Looks like a mini-mart or Tesco extra to me.

Erm, no. The Euro problem stops at the English Channel you moron. As I said, any financial disaster in Europe (and it is coming) will have a knock on effect with the rest of the world but to a lesser degree.
How much less here with ~40% of our exports going there. Also what about stuff we import from there which has actually increased.

It's a main supermarket, but I live in a small village on the edge of a small town (it's in town). On environmental grounds I will not do a 20 odd mile round trip to get my shopping every week (I only go into the big supermarkets if I am somewhere for another reason, e.g working, etc - same reason I don't fly anywvhere and haven't done so for 20 years). Until 2 years ago stock at this shop was always good

As I have stated before, the assistant manager at the store, who I have spoken with several times, has confirmed that they are experiencing logistical problems caused by a lack of drivers and the end if cabbotage. That is almost exclusively down to Brexit. He has also stated that the list of deleted (i.e. no longer available) products is growing all the time, as are shortages. Some shortages are down to non/poor availability of products such as corn oil, sunflower oil and mustard (due to the war in Ukraine), butvthat doesn't explain the gaps/short dating in fresh meat and produce we have seen. He tells me that this is down to a loss of pickers on the farms (Brexit), and of vets and abattoir workers (also Brexit)

Which part of that are you finding difficult to understand

I've seen the same "techniques" used in Tesco, Asda, Morrisons and Sainsbury
I can add Lidl which is a you can buy what we have when you actually shop sort of place. Having said that lately stuff that they always had may not be there at all at times.

Other shops - my wife has noticed sudden shortages of some items. This doesn't mean for ever - just at times.

Last edited:
It's a main supermarket, but I live in a small village……

Which part of that are you finding difficult to understand
The part about it being a main supermarket. Pull the other one mate! A pathetically small selection of foods. I don't know what your idea of a main supermarket is but in the supermarkets I go to - Sainsbury, Tesco, Mark's, Waitrose, I have never in my life seen a pathetic selection of cooked meats behind glass doors in them and I have never seen cooked meats the same aisle as the beers. :ROFLMAO:

Our Sainsbury’s is not large by some standards but we have a whole pizza section, a whole ice cream section, a whole cooked meats section and a whole beer aisle! Your picture look like it's a Co-op local convenience store, not a 'main supermarket'. Stock levels are different in those stores.

Last edited:
The part about it being a main supermarket. Pull the other one mate! A pathetically small selection of foods. I don't know what your idea of a main supermarket is but in the supermarkets I go to - Sainsbury, Tesco, Mark's, Waitrose, I have never in my life seen a pathetic selection of cooked meats behind glass doors in them and I have never seen cooked meats the same aisle as the beers. :ROFLMAO:

Our Sainsbury’s is not large by some standards but we have a whole pizza section, a whole ice cream section, a whole cooked meats section and a whole beer aisle! Your picture look like it's a Co-op local convenience store, not a 'main supermarket'. Stock levels are different in those stores.
I love this squirming, just like avoiding saying how well brexi t is going.
Moving the goalposts to avoid the reality.
We all said photos don't prove anything but you wanted them. Now you've got them and they are wrong.

Plus you never responded to my list of regular shortages at my nearest largest tesco. I have to wonder why.

We all said photos don't prove anything but you wanted them. Now you've got them and they are wrong.
We? Where? I can’t find it. Main supermarkets I’m talking about, not corner shops.

Plus you never responded to my list of regular shortages at my nearest largest tesco. I have to wonder why.
Can’t seem to find it. Just did a search of your posts with the word 'Tesco' in it and it only shows the one I have just quoted. Are you sure you made it under your current forum name?

Sponsored Links
Back