Downlight bulb holder

MrB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have four downlights in my kitchen, however in one of them the casing which holds the bulb has dropped 5mm so the bulb is now not stable and in the correct position. This also results in the bulb resting against the side of the rim which is flush to the ceiling, and thus has started to create a small black mark due to the heat generated.

How can i fix this?? I presume the cable has come too far through from above some how and dropped the bulb holder as it is possible to push it back to its usual position but when the bulb is re attached the weight of the bulb pulls it back down. Is it possible to fix it without getting at it from above as that means taking carpet and furniture out of the way. Is it possible to glue or stick the bulb casing back to the top of the housing unit or would it get too hot to do that? if it is possible what can I use?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
hard to answer if we don't know the model of downlighter..

most of the downlighters i've used have clip in rings to retain the lamp.. the connector os free floating and pulls down with the lamp so that they can be easily changed..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back