Downlight wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm changing my 8 kitchen downlighters for Lumineux Avon Pro should be easy but I have 6 cables going into a joining block and the light comes off of this (as in photo 1). The Avon Pro has a plug which has wago style connectors (as in photo 2 and 3) which will only fit 1 maybe 2 wires in each connector. I think I'll have to have 1 or 2 cables from the connecting block into the Avon plug. Could someone tell me if this is possible and if so how to do this and which wire goes where.
Many Thanks for your help

Attachments

• Photo 1.jpg
    Photo 1.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Photo 2.jpg
    Photo 2.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Photo 3.jpg
    Photo 3.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 30
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, I'm still not to sure what to do, do I run one new cable into the Avon plug? will 1.5 cable be OK? and Murdochat how should it be left?

Sponsored Links
Photo 1 is a good example of how not to leave connections
Helpfull as always... not He's after advice not nit picking.

You're going to have to replicate all of that into a junctionbox and use a 3 core cable (flex or twin and earth) to the light. Hopefully the other 5 lights only have 2* T&E at most.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back