downlighter wiring help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a ceiling rose with 4 lots of wires going into it
I intend to replace this and add 6 downlighers
do i need to run all of the 4 wires from the ceiling rose to each downlighter
or do you just run the one cable to each downlighter from the ceiling rose????????????????????

Thanks

Sponsored Links
methinks you haven't quite thought this through properly. You need to keep the wires terminated as they are now, or the whole lighting circuit will get in a confused mess. One way to do it is have a downlighter where the current cieling rose is, and thread the cieling rose up through the downlight hole, using a length of 3-core flex to power the first downlight. Then daisychain the others off this.

PLEASE NOTE WHAT GOES WHERE!!! This is the one piece of advice that should never be ignored when working on lighting circuits! unless you want the living room switch controlling the kitchen lights ;)

EDIT: and i take it these are mains voltage fittings, yes?

Nice one :) only one ? i used T&E on my downlights i fitted the same as what go's to the rose from in the loft. ? is this ok as it is same t&e that is run to all my lights from inside the loft.

:confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back