Downpipe bracket screwed into felt roof

Sponsored Links
If you are determined to secure the pipe to run across the flat roof, then how about securing it with something like EverBuild Stixall, exterior grade?

You could just stick the brackets, not the whole run of pipe.
Can any roofers/builders comment on this method?

Felt wears out.
That makes no sense what so ever....
Water will kill felt. Felt is there to hide any leaks for a small number of years.
What do you mean 'water will kill felt'..?

And

Felt is there to hide leaks for a small number of years.

WTF? What do you consider a small number of years?

Water does not kill flat roofing felt - full stop. Felt is designed to last decades. Your post makes zero sense.
Also, in context with the OP's post, i.e. he's bothered about the gutter running on to it - makes even less sense. It will do zero harm in terms of durability of the felt.

Stop posting nonsense.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It's dumb. Can't stix to tar.
You certainly didn't attend the lesson on diplomacy in school, did you?
I asked for any roofers/builders to comment on my suggestion.

I certainly don't think it deserves an insulting sarcastic reply.
Saying something along the lines of, "Not a bad idea but Stixall won't adhere to a felt roof".
You may find people will respond more favourably to your replies if you don't post such aggressive, 'I know everything' answers.
It's people with that kind of egotistical attitude that contribute to arguments and name calling to develop.

Out of curiosity, are you a builder/roofer or just a diy'er?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back