Downpipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem...........

I have a width of guttering approx 3mtrs on the back of my house which is over my neighbours land, this then goes into the ground (soakaway) my neighbours soil is 3ft up the side of my house and I have a damp problem.

Is there a solution where I can run the downpipe/gutter through the loft space and out the other side as I would be able to link it up with the gutter on my side if that makes sense.

I am nervous about leaks etc in my loft space but can't see any other solution, would a solvent pipe due the trick or is there a pushfit solution, the run would be 5mtrs long.

Please help! :cry:

Sponsored Links
This would be an awful solution, worst case it leaks when you go away for the weekend, house is flooded, insurance will not pay up in a million years. Find another solution. Anyway sounds like a damp problem rather than a guttering problem.

I agree it's and ugly solution but I can't see any other alternative!

With regards to the damp I've dug my neighbours soil away from my house and the bricks are now drying out but I currently have a water butt in his garden catching the water from the 3mtr length of gutter.

Is this a terrace, end of terrace, semi or what? Soakaways do not last that long before they need re-doing. Is it close to the house? Rules nowadays limit their proximity to within 5m of any building.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back