downside up?

Supposedly B&Q sell a black glass radiator. Hav n't seen it but customer said they do. Could be something totally different mind. I think Chrishutt has a good idea with the tube dropping inside the rad, that would work. You would need to be inventive and fabricate a tube but yes that would be a neat solution. Nice one Chris.

Sponsored Links
the 'inside the rad' job might be a bit beyond my novice-like plumbing skills, although it was very nice of a well known screw and fix-ing type company to send me a free pipe bender (30-odd quids worth) to help me along - even If i did only order plastering supplies at the time.... :evil:

beyond my novice-like plumbing skills
It would only involve filing out the tube stop in a compression fitting (1/2" x 10mm) and continuing the tube down to near bottom of rad, say 20mm from bottom.

chrishutt said:
By the way, if the top tappings are pointing vertically up (as with most towel rails), you could run the return drop down inside the radiator (best to use 10mm or 15mm plastic pipe in this case.
A stroke of genius :)

Sponsored Links
adamu said:
Can't see much aesthetic value of a glass rad with a load of black gunk flowing round inside it!
A stroke of irrelevant sarcasm.

Softus said:
adamu said:
Can't see much aesthetic value of a glass rad with a load of black gunk flowing round inside it!
A stroke of irrelevant sarcasm.

A stroke of taking it all a bit too seriously?

really guys, thanks for all the help and suggestions, nice to know people are good enough to take the time out to address other peoples ideas and probs - cheers! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back