Downstairs toilet extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting plans drawn at the moment for an extension to my house and the kitchen will include an internal room (with no window) that will be a small downstairs toilet and basin.

My question is whether I need to add in an extractor fan and if I did so then where should I extract to - as the room is inside another room (the kitchen).

Sponsored Links
My question is whether I need to add in an extractor fan and if I did so then where should I extract to - as the room is inside another room (the kitchen).

1. Yes, you will need an extractor fan.
2. Extract to the exterior, you could fit a false ceiling in the toilet and run the extractor pipe above the kitchen cupboards.

Andy

Thanks Andy. The problem I have is that the toilet is against the party wall internally and opposite from the kitchen units. I'd have to vent over a distance of 3 or 4 metres - I suppose by putting a tube in the ceiling or something. Not ideal really as the ceiling is already plastered and I'd rather not tear that down.

Also depends if the joists are going the correct way. Or it means it being boxed in.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Floor is coming up and plumbing/waste etc will run underneath a solid floor - I guess the venting could go out that way?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back