Downstairs toilet smells

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had the toilet and floor removed from the downstairs toilet. It is a very small room about 1.5mx1m (if you want further details on current projects in my house then please look at my other threads).

There is an odour coming from the tiny room. I have sniffed everything in the room like a bitch on heat. The only thing that smells like the smell is the pan adaptor. So the logical step is to remove/replace it and see if smell goes away.

I tried to move it a bit but it feels like it is on pretty tight. Is there a special technique?

I have seen thes flexible pan adaptors in b and q

Are they anygood?

Anyone tried them?

Or would you recommend something else?

Sponsored Links
hmm.. if theres no obvious signs on leaking on the stack then its probably just the sh*tey old pan connector. if your toilet is going back in the same i would suggest using a bent pan connector (same one thats in) better than trying to get a tight 90' on a straight flexi. you can also get a bent flexi so you can extend the pipe and still have the 90' bend on the end.

btw i always stuff a plastic bag in the end of the pan connector (not deep) and then put a bag over it then tap round the bag. perhaps its just the smell getting through you "tape shield" lol :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back