dpm

Sponsored Links
ok i understand this. but as i said earlier when the dpm goes up the wall can i penetrate this now and again with 2 screws for joist hangers? if not how else am i going to keep the joists in place?

Sponsored Links
“ stud the floor “, “ lower than the dpc” if you mean you are constructing a suspended timber floor, the dpm and dpc are not linked. There are a multitude of illustrations of the detail to be found online and ,bless them, the NHBC 5.2.10 covers damp and ventilation for this
Also you say here that the dpm and dpc are not linked for a suspended timber floor??

ok i understand this. but as i said earlier when the dpm goes up the wall can i penetrate this now and again with 2 screws for joist hangers? if not how else am i going to keep the joists in place?
You’re planning on fixing joist hangers with 2 screws :whistle: good luck with your project and even better luck with Build Control ( perhaps use private rather than local authority). :rolleyes:

You’re planning on fixing joist hangers with 2 screws :whistle: good luck with your project and even better luck with Build Control ( perhaps use private rather than local authority). :rolleyes:
four screws then, either way i’m asking about penetration of the dpm.

You don't have a DPM with a timber suspended floor
so just 50mm blinding sand and then concrete underneath?

why wouldn’t i need a dpm as damp could rise couldn’t it? would there be any harm in putting one and butting it to the brickwork instead of connecting it to the dpc?

is there a diagram you can point me towards?

Timber ground floors:

Timber used for suspended ground floors should be treated or naturally durable, in accordance with Chapter 3.3 ‘Timber preservation (natural solid timber)’, and the ground below the floor covered with:
  • 50mm concrete or fine aggregate on a polyethylene membrane laid on 50mm sand blinding, or
  • 100mm concrete.

Timber ground floors:

Timber used for suspended ground floors should be treated or naturally durable, in accordance with Chapter 3.3 ‘Timber preservation (natural solid timber)’, and the ground below the floor covered with:
  • 50mm concrete or fine aggregate on a polyethylene membrane laid on 50mm sand blinding, or
  • 100mm concrete.
is this for timber laying on the concrete? not sub raised floors?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back