Dragon Router Template ?

TCT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to make a router template of a Welsh Dragon. I've printed out the dragon but it's what to do next ? Trace it onto MDF, cut it out with a scrollsaw and try routing around the template or trace it onto 8mm perspex and try routing out the design so that the template can be used with a guidebush for more control and possibly more accuracy, what do you recommend ?

Sponsored Links
How many are you going to do?

Only one - try freehand routing around traced line with a 60 degree pointed bit; rotate (hook) the router in at the start of cut and at end of cut.

Template/jig manufacture - your scrollsaw method is fine but allow for guidebush also.

I'll be making one template to use for many dragons but looking at the design I'll have to make it more guidebush friendly as there are too many tight angles. I was thinking about trying a mould filled with acrylic resin so if that idea works out I'll post a how-to for all to try.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back