Drainage next to house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
My front garden is relatively level. Along the edge of the house there is a concrete path which was built when the house was built. The previous owner, for some reason, took a dislike to the path and has half smashed it up. I am thinking of removing the path completely and graveling the whole front garden. Will this cause any problems to the walls of the house as the rainfall will no longer be running off the concrete path away from the house. Basically am I safe to remove the path and replace with gravel?

Sponsored Links
The external ground level should be minimum 150mm below the dpc. Assuming that you have no problem with flooding (you'd already know about that) you should be OK.

Excellent, thankyou for your reply. We so far have had no problems with damp in the house, I didn't want to start causing any.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back