Drainage of Side Extensions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone. I am working on a side extension and a loft conversion of a bungalow. The exisiting waste appliances were going into 2 gullies (bathroom and kitchen) and soil vent pipe (WC), and then all feeding into a manhole. All this is now under the side extension. I would like to keep the manhole and use a double seal cover, but how about the 2 gullies? Can I convert them into stack pipes? Or do I have to make new gullies outside? I am also adding a bathroom upstairs, can I connect it with the downstairs WC soil pipe?
Thanks,
Steve

Sponsored Links
The waste appliance gullies can be abandoned, just feed the pipes directly into the stack pipes via saddles. Don't use right angle connectors, use two 45 degree connectors which means that you can rod straight through them if needs be. Yes extend your "downstairs" stack pipe so the fumes do not get blown into your new dormer window and connect into that.
Frank

Thank you both. Can I just use the main svp, the one where the downstairs WC, drains into to connect all remaining waste appliances? It will mean this svp has 2 kitchen, 2 toilets and 2 bathrooms connected to it.

Sponsored Links
So can I group some of the appliances before joining the svp? Otherwise the svp would have too many inlets

I was always in the belief bosses were for joining smaller diameter waste pipes to a stack. Saddles were used for joining drain laterals onto a larger main.

Appliances are better on individual waste runs where possible, avoids siphonage and reappearance of waste water in other appliances when a higher appliance is discharged.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back